Living with an Undiagnosed Medical Condition

This site is being created from a journal I have been keeping of my Mystery Illness. So far I am undiagnosed. I am doing this in hopes to help others out there through my experiences and possibly find a diagnosis myself. Go back to the archives and start from the beginning to read the whole story. Please feel free to comment and share your stories or advice as you feel led!

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Beginning

Where do I begin? Well I guess I will start with my past medical history brining me to the first day of my symptoms. This will be sort of long, but I feel it is important to share the past as it may have hidden clues for a diagnosis! Here we go.
  • 1998 - Urgent C-Section to deliver identical twin boys at 33 weeks gestation. I received a spinal to numb me instantly and the nurse hit a nerve during the procedure. It took about 5 months for the feeling to come back after the cesarian and the pain in my back never fully subsided from the nerve she hit.
  • 1999 - Threw out my back which was still healing from the twin pregnancy. Taken to ER, put on meds and physical therapy. Recovered.
  • September 29, 1999 - My husband is diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Talk about stress overload. Went through a few boughts of depression and took some anti-depressents during this time. Husband ended up surviving after a year long battle and things were good.
  • No Direct Time Frame - Have had strep throat on several occasions and everytime the docs test me for meningitis since my reaction is so severe. I was even hospitalized for it once since my body went into shock.
  • Jan 2001 - Gave birth naturally to my miracle daughter. After my husband's leukemia, Stanford told us he was infertile. God gave us a true blessing and we thank Him daily for her! Had an epidural during labor and my right thigh went numb for 2 years,
  • 2004 - Right shoulder blade went numb. No injury, just lost complete sensation in the skin. Muscle works fine. Still numb to this day.
  • 2005 - Fell on stairwell, broke left foot in 3 places. Ouch. recovered in about 6 months.
  • 2007 - Had severe pelvic pain in left pelvic are for about 2 months. CT Scan showed some type of growth in the abdomen. Small 1 inch incision made and a golf ball sized endometrioma was removed. Numb skin returned to normal after about 2 months.

So that is the past. Things were going well and I felt fine. This is where my story really begins...

mystery diagnosis, mystery illness, neuro problems, numbness, unknown medical problems, pelvic problems, numb arms, ms, sick, pelvic disease, pelvic numbness,

No comments:

Post a Comment