Living with an Undiagnosed Medical Condition

This site is being created from a journal I have been keeping of my Mystery Illness. So far I am undiagnosed. I am doing this in hopes to help others out there through my experiences and possibly find a diagnosis myself. Go back to the archives and start from the beginning to read the whole story. Please feel free to comment and share your stories or advice as you feel led!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday, January 23rd, 2009 - Seeing a Neurologist

I am going to leave names and places out of my blogging due to the fact that I had several bad experiences and I do not want people to comment on particular doctors and facilities. This blog is meant to help not to gossip.

The neurologist I visited was a complete idiot to say the least. He comes in the room, looking like he is high, I actually asked him if he was exhausted since he looked like he was ready to fall asleep and I could barely understand his speech. He had a very heavy accent and talked under his breathe. He does some basic sensory tests. Really doesn't want to find out what nerves in the "no man's zone" aren't working since he's not a gyno. He orders a brain MRI and some more blood work to check for MS. He also prescribes Neurontin assuring me this is exactly what I need and this should fix the problem. After 5 minutes, he has done his complete work up and charged me $300 for it. Jerk. He has scheduled me for a follow-up 2-3 weeks out. I am not happy but schedule my MRI and blood work.

*Note to self - look up Neurontin on the internet and find out what it is used for!

mystery diagnosis, mystery illness, neuro problems, numbness, unknown medical problems, pelvic problems, numb arms, ms, sick, pelvic disease, pelvic numbness,

No comments:

Post a Comment